Annual Giving is used to provide funding for projects, items or professional development that will make a difference to the students, their families, and the faculty and staff of Selwyn House School. Your participation, in any way, will help make that difference.
Donations that are designated to fund student bursaries are invested in the General Endowment Fund that provides approximately 75 per cent of all the bursaries awarded annually. The remaining 25 per cent are funded through named endowment funds.
Investment income earned on endowed funds is disbursed as bursary awards for qualifying families. The principle of the fund is never touched so that the fund can continue to grow.
The Bursary Committee meets regularly to determine the recipients of needs-based bursaries. The recipients are anonymous.