Selwyn students and parents, I hope you are well and adjusting to our new lifestyle. There are a few things that I think are important to try to do as life as we know it continues to evolve.
- Try to keep to a schedule as much as possible. I had posted a proposed Covid 19 schedule a few days ago, as a suggestion of something to emulate at home. Wake up at a reasonable time, make your bed, eat breakfast, brush your teeth and set a time to do school work, exercise, recreational activities and chores around the house.
- Try to limit screen time as much as possible and set separate times for educational and recreational use.
- Try to remember social distancing and not to be in large groups of people.
- Exercise, go outside, eat healthy food and keep your body in shape doing activities that you enjoy.
- Check to see if your elderly neighbors need help or just to say hello. You may be the only person they may see during this time of social distancing and isolation. Social media has created groups for people to volunteer to help community members in need.
- Limit your exposure to media. Social media, television, radio and newspapers are full of information. It can be overwhelming and stressful to constantly be bombarded with Covid 19 details.
- Be kind and patient... none of this is easy and the rules and mandates are changing constantly.