Foregoing the Government Grant...
A better path forward for Selwyn House
Accepting the Grant means...
Foregoing the Grant means...
- Abiding by the government’s rules regarding eligibility to study in English
- Having to turn-away many students ⎯ including some of our own Grade 6 students
- A limited application pool.
- Certificate of Eligibility no longer required to attend our high school
- A student body that better reflects the cultural makeup of our city
- A larger, more diverse, application pool
- Becoming a destination school
- Foregoing the government grant means losing $1.5 million in annual government grants, plus $750,000 annually in government pensions.
Avoid increasing tuition fees significantly, despite these significant revenue losses
Increase enrolment + launch a fundraising campaign ($6M specifically for privatization to cover the shortfall until such time that enrolment increases).
The campaign will ensure that:
- Our tuition fees remain accessible to the community
- Our tuition fees remain competitive with those of other private schools in Montréal